Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Movie Review - Talladega NIghts: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (3 of 5): There is not much to write about this movie. It is a typical Will Ferrell comedy – hit and miss, but mostly hits. Some of the bits go on too long, or don’t really make much sense, but I have grown to understand and accept this in his movies. Sasha Baron Cohen (ie: Borat) is also in this film, playing a French NASCAR driver. He is good too, even though I found his accent to be questionable at best. You pretty much know what you are getting into with this movie. Its funny, so go watch it you dusty ole fart!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I loved Old School and Anchorman for the origanal themes and jokes, this one didn't do it for me...with the exception of the kids: Walker and Texas Ranger, I didn't find this really all that funny. (maybe it's because I don't like NASCAR?) A small chuckle here or there at best... 2 of 5 for me.

Anonymous said...

I like NASCAR, and I thought the movie funny parts were too few and far between. The kids were...interesting and disturbing. Funny, too. 2 of 5.