Monday, July 02, 2007

Quarterly Top 5 - 3rd Quarter 2007

This quarter slows down a little bit, which seems to be typical of the late summer months. Hollywood usually blows its wad early in May and June, leaving us with a strangely unsatisfied and hollow feeling until fall. Until the Oscar season strikes up this fall though, I think there are still going to be some good movies coming out over the next three months.

Here are our five most anticipated movies to see this quarter. As always, click on the movie title to jump to the movie's website for a trailer viewing.

MovieGuy #1:
  1. Transformers - Battle to destroy the evil forces of... The Decepticons! This movie is gonna be a blast.
  2. Superbad - This movie looks hilarious and co-stars Michael Cera (Arrested Development) whose comedic timing is freaking outstanding.
  3. Sunshine - A science fiction movie directed by Danny Boyle - count me in.
  4. The Bourne Ultimatum- I have found enough to entertain in the first two Jason Bourne movies. This one looks good too, but hopefully without the camera jerkiness.
  5. Charlie Bartlett - Hearing more and more good things about this movie. Apparently harkens back to the likes of Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, etc.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I saw the Transformers tonight! Whee! Fun! Come read my review on Circle of Friends.

Can't wait for Harry Potter and Bourne.

Anonymous said...

My summer movie anticipation has almost come to an end with the viewing of all the majors.
Order of my favorites this past quarter:
1. Transformers (child of the 80's)
2. Die Hard 4.0 better then expected
3. Oceans 13
4. Knocked Up

Pirates (weakest of the 3)
Spiderman 3
Very disapointed in these two "blockbusters" too many baddies and a long confusing story don't add up to enjoyment at the movies.
Can't wait for Bourne.and some funny.

download movies said...

I am following your blog regularly and I really like your work.I haven't watched all the movies you mentioned above but I watched transformer and its a good movie.I recommend this movie to watch.