Monday, June 26, 2006

Movie Review - Primer

Primer (2 of 5) : Primer is about two friends who unknowingly build a machine in their garage that ends up being a time travel device. I really wanted to like this movie, since I really dig movies about time travel. Unfortunately, it is one of the most confusing movies I have ever seen. The main characters just talk techno-babble to each other and the viewer is expected to understand what is going on. This is coupled with a story that doesn't make a whole lot of sense and leaves many unanswered questions, glaring plot-holes, and dropped plot-lines. Surprisingly, this movie won a couple awards at some independent film festival. I guess the judges understood it more than I did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You meant to say "their garage." Don't worry, they cover this in Jr. High.

Movie Guy #2 said...

Hey Michael, you sound like one of these pompous assholes who surfs the net looking to degrade people with your superiority complex and condocending tone. I'll bet you listen to U2.

Relax, just tell your dad that you love him but it would have been nice to get more hugs growing up....

Anonymous said...

Well this is Micheal's father, and I always taught him to correct people. When we play special places, I would quiz him, and if he did not get the answers correct, I would add 10 minutes to our special time.