Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Movie Review - The Pink Panther (2005)

The Pink Panther (2005) (1 of 5): Why the hell did I watch this? Furthermore, why did Steve Martin, a very respected actor, writer, feel it was necessary to be involved in this? The story is not a sequel, or prequel to any of the former installments. It is more of a re-invention. The Pink Panther diamond has been stolen from the murdered coach of the French soccer team. Martin plays the bumbling Inspector Clouseau who is brought in as the lead investigator on the case. The attempts at Clouseau's patented physical comedy fail miserably. The falls, tripping, and general clumsiness that Peter Sellers brought to the franchise died with him. Other, more modernized attempts at humor including Clouseau surfing the internet, and references to him in adult chat rooms are just as embarrasing. Hopefully, Steve Martin signed onto this project to pay homage to a great comedian; Peter Sellers. Not to expand his acting career. Fingers crossed on "Cheaper By The Dozen 3".

2 comments:

Paperback Writer said...

I hated that I wasted my money on this craptastic movie.

Jami said...

The only reason I watched this entire film was that at the beginning of it the baby had *finally* fallen asleep (on me, of course) and I was afraid to move.