Sunday, May 06, 2007

Movie Review - Miami Vice

Miami Vice (2 of 5): I knew Miami Vice was going to suck, but for some reason I felt oddly compelled to watch it anyway. At the very least, I thought it would entertain with some great explosions, cool car chases, and hot women. Too bad this movie contains none of the above. Actually, it is kind of hard to really figure out what this film was about. You're just sort of thrown into the story without any exposition or character development, and since everybody either super-cooly grunts their lines or has a really bad accent, I spent most of the film just trying to figure out what people were saying. Then, throughout the rest of the movie I was mostly just distracted by Colin Farrel's annoying haircut and bushy mustache. The story goes nowhere with characters you could care less about and an ending that is absolutely abysmal. If there was one thing I liked about this movie it is that the gunfight at the end is actually very well filmed, making the visuals and sound highly realistic and entertaining. Too bad most people probably missed it by leaving the theater early.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys...this is off the topic of this post, but I just saw Spidey 3...and had to comment to someone (yes, I'm taking off work Thur!) SPOILERS!!!-


I thought this movie had some really good moments, Venom was really cool...that's about it. It was really, really corny in many parts! I was kinda dispointed. The "dark" peter parker was so stupid! this movie was nothing like the other two?? I don't get it? And the Sandman character had NO explanation...how did he become Sandman again? He falls in a hole, where they are doing some kinda of molecular experiment? And that's it? Weird?
Not that this movie should be any longer, but you could have about another hour of explaining Sandman and more about the Brock character. Once again the FX were really great and the ending was cool, but the start with the spidey scenes were cartoonish?? It just didn't fit. What are your thoughts? I would have to give this one a 3 out of 5...but that's pushing it...on to Pirates, and Transformers!

Movie Guy #1 said...

Hey Maverick,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Spidey 3. Neither one of the MovieGuys have seen the webthrower in action yet. I have heard many of the same comments you made in other reviews. That didn't stop the movie form making a gazillion bucks though. Spidey 3 is on my list. With the summer movie season kicking into full gear it is going to be a busy time.

Thanks again for your review. We appreciate the comments and feedback.

MG#1

Amelia said...

I am die hard fan of Michael. The only feature that amazed me in this movie is the timing of the action sequences. Michael's performance is excellent as always. I suggest all to watch this movie if they want true entertainment.
movie links forum