Monday, May 14, 2007

Flash! .... AAAaaa!

This is old news, but new to me and totally awesome to hear. The Digital Bits reports:

Universal has finally announced the Flash Gordon: Saviour of the Universe Edition! The single-disc DVD release will street on 8/7 (SRP $26.98). the film will be presented in anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. There will be at least some special features and the title will come in "premium" packaging. No other details are yet available.

I freaking love this movie. The cheesiness, the Queen soundtrack, the B-movie camp factor - its all there to make a fantastic and ridiculously fun adventure. I can remember being totally entertained watching this film as a kid. Anyway, as you can tell I am really excited to have the opportunity to buy a Region 1 DVD of the film. This is one that I have been wanting in my collection for a long time.

Check out the kick-ass Alex Ross DVD cover art!



2 comments:

Movie Guy #2 said...

Somebody get Movie Guy #1 a towel

Movie Guy #1 said...

ha, ha, very funny. Unfortunately, my written out impression of the Flash Gordon Queen song does not translate well.