Thursday, January 25, 2007

Labyrinth Access... DENIED!?

If there is one movie that I want to see right now, it is Pan's Labyrinth. Unfortunately though, I'm not sure if I will be able to see this sweet-ass looking movie in the theater because I can't seem to find a theater near me that is playing it!

It feels like this movie has been out for awhile and that my time is running out. The movie's website insists the film is playing in theaters everywhere right now, with an even broader release taking place this Friday, but I am not too sure. If by "everywhere" it means "everywhere BUT Champaign, IL" then I guess that's no lie.

How far am I going to have to drive to see this film? Will it be released at one of our big theaters this weekend? Or, will the local art theater in town limit its playing of Rocky Balboa and Blood Diamond (yes, I said art theater) and play Pan's Labyrinth?

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

randy says:

Bob and I saw Pan's Labyrinth a week ago in indianapolis - I'd been planning on seeing it for a while and followed when it would be released in indy ... i guess the thing is that it has been out a while in europe, but it premiered in the USA around december 29th, spread to 10 theaters in LA and New york for the first two weeks of january, and then was semi-widely released on the 19th. It'll probably show up in champaign soon, but if not, indy is probably a good way to go.

As far as a review goes? hmm

I liked it a lot. i'd give it 2 stars on the pollok 2 star scale, but I'm a sucker for movies like this. Bob gave it a 1 star, which is respectable but speaks to bobs feeling that this movie is getting slightly more acclaim then it deserves.

I would recommend it heartily to anyone who likes creepy fantasy stuff, and I would warn anyone who has been waiting to see it that I expected a bit more fantasy and a little less war movie suspense/drama then what I ultimately got. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Movie Guy #1 said...

Nice review Randy.

I checked the local theater listing today and see that the movie is finally playing in Champaign at both of our theaters. Yey!

Anonymous said...

I saw it advertised in Decatur. If it makes it to Effingham, I am going. The wife will probably hate it, but she would like to just get out for an evening.